Sunday, February 5, 2017

Great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.

Growing up, I wasn't the type to have a lot of friends.  I always had a few close ones, but I thought the more friends I had, the better off I'd be.  As an adult, I've learned it's less important to have more friends, and more important to have real ones.  I'd much rather have one quarter than 25 pennies.

I'm a firm believer that friends really do come and go, but the real ones will always gravitate back to you no matter how far they wander.  Some people are in your life for a reason, some for a season, and some for a lifetime.  I'm beyond grateful to have the amazing supportive friends that I do, and life without each of them just wouldn't make sense.  However, that makes having to say goodbye to one of them a million times harder.

After knowing each other for almost 14 years, being friends for 12, having kids that are friends, and living five minutes apart, it's easy to see how our lives are so intertwined.  I know she's moving.  Plane tickets are bought, and the moving forward process is speeding up.  I know why she has to do it, and I understand that.  I'm heartbroken.  My life without her and those kids just doesn't make sense.  There is an emptiness inside me I don't think I've ever felt before.  I have cried almost every single day for the past month.  Not having her around on a daily basis is too much for me.

Of all the friends I have, I definitely spend the most time with her.  This girl is like a sister to me....The good, sweet, innocent sister at that.  Our kids are best friends.  What is life going to be like now?  I can't just pick up the phone and say I'm coming over, or vice versa.  We can't just spontaneously go out to lunch (which we do a lot!).  If we want to see each other, it's a plane ride away.  Saying goodbye to the kids next week is gonna rip me to pieces, and there is no way to prepare for the heartbreak my son and I will both face.  How do I say goodbye to one of the biggest parts of both of our lives?

Where do I go from here?  How do I make it through what is by far one of the hardest things I've ever had to do?  People say in time it will get easier, but those who say that don't really know me.  It's not going to get easier.... I'm just hoping I can get to a point where I can learn to live with it and not cry for hours every day.
 
As sad as I am that she's leaving, I'm sad a piece of myself is leaving too.

- DiscoveringMe914-



No comments:

Post a Comment