Thursday, January 15, 2015

Don't look back with regret, look forward with hope.

Unconditional love.

Everyone deserves to have it.  Most feel it from birth.  Some go thru life desperately searching for that feeling.  I'm the latter of the two.

My son is my world.  He's saved my life in more ways then one.  My husband is one of my best friends.  I love them more than words can express.  I know how it feels to give love unconditionally.  But I feel like I've spent most of my life not knowing how it feels to receive it.

To be able to teach someone the true meaning of unconditional love is life's greatest lesson.  I'm eternally grateful to finally know how it feels to experience it on the receiving end.

I've learned that you don't have to give birth or share the same DNA to love someone like your own.

Despite there being only a 7 year age gap, I'm her baby girl, and have been since the young age of 16.  I've learned it's not about being inseparable,  its about being separated and nothing changes.  We spent many years apart yet now have a bond that is stronger than ever.  Without her, I wouldn't be the person I am right now, nor would I know how it feels to receive the unconditional love I know I deserve to have.

Unconditional love is daily I love you's.  It's an endless supply of hugs, wiping tears, advice, over protectiveness, sheltering, and support.  It's late night phone calls and/or texts no matter how tired.  It's trying to double as a mom and sister.  It's being complete opposites yet sharing an unbreakable bond.  It's losing a child and sharing a broken heart.  It's no disappointment or judgement.  It's treating the words "I need you" as a crisis.  It's loving my child whole heartedly.  It's helping edit blogs to achieve success. I know no matter how many mistakes I make or how many times I screw up, I'm still her baby, and that will never ever change. She promised she will take care of me till the day she dies, and I truly believe that.  Her love for me is endless.  She has taught me life's greatest lesson without even realizing it.

"There will always be a reason why you meet people.  Either you need them to change your life or you are the one that will change theirs".

Maybe sometimes it's both.  I only hope I've made half the impact in her life that she's made in mine.

Thank you.  I love you to the moon and back.




No comments:

Post a Comment