Monday, September 13, 2010

It takes a little Trust

I have a huge issue with trusting people... that is one of my biggest fears.  It is so much easier to push someone away then let them in... its an issue that has gotten worse as I've gotten older.  I'm convinced once I let someone in I'm running the risk of allowing myself to get hurt, which is true... I'd rather not take that risk and play it safe.  If I don't let my guard down I can't get hurt, right?  It's an issue I've been trying desperately hard to work on, but it's definitely a baby step process.  There is that voice in the back of my head that says sometimes you have to take that risk, and hope for the best.  I'm starting to realize I could be missing out on forming great relationships with people because I let the fear take over me.  I feel bad because I feel the only person I'm completely open with is my therapist... obviously its good that I have that comfort level with her, I love that I have that,  but I hope that eventually I can reach out to other people in my life.  It's not that everyone around me is doing something wrong... it's that I'm scared and am still not sure how to let that fear go... but its one of the million things I'm working on.  I don't know how to let my guard down because it has been up for so long.  It's hard because people tell me time and time again they are there for me and will always listen and want to help me... but I can't break down and let them in no matter how hard I try, and sometimes its frustrating, but right now, I am a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment